Action Now Property Mgmt. Co.
365 Ericksen Ave. Ste. 313,
Bainbridge Island, WA 98110
(206) 842-5851 (888) 842-5851
CRITERIA FOR TENANCY
Applications are processed by a professional tenant screening company. Any false or misleading information provided by the applicant on the written application or omission of a material fact may result in a denial.
Holding Fee- Once you have been notified that your application has been approved, you have twenty-four (24) hours to deliver a holding fee (usually the amount of the basic security deposit) to our office. Until we receive the holding fee, we will continue to market the property to prospective tenants.
**We do not accept comprehensive reusable tenant screening reports**
* A CASHIER’S CHECK MADE OUT TO ANPM CO. IS REQUIRED FOR THE HOLDING FEE AND ALL MOVE IN FUNDS. *
1. Positive picture ID (current state or federally issued) is required for each applicant.
2. A valid Social Security number or Passport/Visa is required.
3. Each applicant must qualify individually if 18 and over. One applicant per application.
4. Application must be completely filled out, signed and dated.
5. Application fees must be paid prior to processing the application.
6. Applicant acknowledges and accepts Action Now Property Management Co. represents the owners of the property for which the applicant is applying.
1. Two years of verifiable residence history from a third party landlord required.
2. Rental history demonstrating residency, but not by a third party, will require an additional security deposit equal to one month’s rent, or a co-signer residing in WA State.
3. Home ownership will be verified through tax assessor’s office or credit report.
(The following items may be considered terminal and sufficient to decline the applicant(s) and any household member.)
1. Rental history showing property damage of $50.00 but less than $500.00 may require an additional one months’ rent only if the amount has been paid in full.
2. Any instance of a damage deposit which was not returned due to damage to the rental property (beyond normal cleaning).
3. Any instance of proper Notice of Intent to Vacate not being given.
4. Four or more late payments of rent or mortgage within a 12 month period will result in denial.
5. More than two (2) and less than four (4) late payments. NSF checks, or legal notices within a 12 month period, will result in added security deposit.
6. Any instance of unauthorized pets or people occupying a unit rented to the applicant.
7. Rental history with complaints (disturbance or other) will be denied if the manager would not re-rent or if there are more than three (3) complaints.
8. If the previous landlord/owner would not re-rent.
9. Rental history reflecting any unpaid past rent due.
10. Any unlawful detainer or eviction over 3 years old, which has been paid, can be approved with added security equal to 1 months rent. Any unlawful detainer within the past 7 years will result in denial. Unlawful detainers occurring within the past three (3) years, paid or unpaid, will result in denial.
11. Reasonable likelihood the applicant or those acting under his or her control will cause intentional damage or destruction to the property or surrounding premises
12. Status as a registered sex offender
13. Reasonable likelihood to believe that a household member’s abuse or pattern of abuse of alcohol may interfere with the health, safety or right to peaceful enjoyment of the resident community.
14. Reasonable likelihood to believe that a household member’s illegal use or pattern of illegal use of a drug may interfere with the health, safety or right to peaceful enjoyment of the resident community.
15. Reasonable likelihood to believe that the applicant or those under his/her control may interfere with the health, safety or right to peaceful enjoyment of the resident community.
16. Added security is needed for any instance of unauthorized persons or pets in a unit rented by the applicant.
17. First time renters, with no established credit, will require a co-signer.
18. First time renters, with established credit, will require a co-signer or added security equal to one months rent.
19. Reasonable likelihood based on income and credit that the applicant will not be able to timely satisfy the financial obligations of tenancy.
1. Monthly income must equal three (3) times the monthly rent.
2. If the monthly income does not equal approximately (3) times the monthly rent, an additional one month’s rent or qualified roommate may be required.
3. If a co-signer is required, their monthly income should equal five (5) times the stated monthly rent. Co-signer must reside in WA State.
4. A current paycheck stub will be required if we are unable to verify income over the phone.
5. Some form of verifiable income will be required for unemployed applications.
6. Self-employed applicants will require proof of income from 2 years tax returns.
7. Reasonable likelihood that the applicant will be unwilling or unable to pay rent may result in denial.
1. Verifiable employment is required.
2. If unemployed and unable to verify income necessary to pay rent, applicant will be denied.
3. Self-employed individuals must be verified through state or tax returns or bank statements.
4. Pre-payment of last month’s rent is needed for temporary and seasonal employees.
5. If applicant is accepted, an additional one month’s rent will be required when employment does not meet stated criteria.
1. Good credit is required.
2. Outstanding bad debts being reported on credit report of more than $100.00 but less than $1000.00 will require an additional one-month’s rent.
3. Outstanding bad debts reported on credit report in the past seven (7) years of more than $1000.00 can result in denial.
4. Excessive collections (5 or more) will result in denial.
5. Any applicant with a bankruptcy not showing as discharged may be denied until shown otherwise.
6. After a bankruptcy has been discharged, an applicant must show six (6) months of positive established credit or rental history or will result in a denial. Any negative credit after a bankruptcy will result in denial.
7. 4 or more accounts that are 30 or more days past due OR if fifty percent or more of the credit report is negative will result in a denial.
History of criminal behavior that may negatively affect tenancy-drugs, sex offense, theft, robbery, assault, active warrants, etc…..Determinations as to criminal screening will be made on a case by case basis, after analysis, and will be based on several factors and information. There will be no automatic denials on arrest or criminal convictions.
Certain criminal records which have taken place within the last seven years are a consideration for denial.
Deniable charges include but are not limited to:
Murder (1st and 2nd degree), Kidnapping (all counts), Manslaughter (1st degree), Theft (1st and 2nd degree), Assault (1st, 2nd and 3rd degree), Burglary (1st, 2nd degree and vehicle prowling 1st degree), Robbery (1st and 2nd degree), Malicious Mischief (1st degree), Rape (All counts), Arson (1st, 2nd degree and Reckless Burning 1st degree), Child Molestation (All counts), Delivery or Sale (all counts), Rape of a Child (All counts), Possession with Intent to Deliver (all counts) and multiple misdemeanor and/or felony offenses could also be under consideration.
1. Any felony offense by any member of the household, which has taken place within the last seven (7) years.
2. If the criminal offense took place more than ten (10) years ago, or if the person has been out of jail/prison more than five (5) years and has perfect credit and rental history, they may be approved. However, approval will only be given if it were a one time offense and was not of a physical or violent nature. Multiple offenders will be denied regardless of what the credit and rental history shows.
3. Any conviction of or reasonable cause to believe that any illegal drug is currently being used and/or in the past used, possessed or sold by any member of the household.
4. Any conviction for criminal activity by any member of the household.
5. Any household member that is a registered or unregistered sex offender.
6. Two (2) or more charges for Domestic Violence (defendant in criminal cases) or charges that are Domestic Violence related, AND/OR two (2) or more petitions filed against applicant or any household member for Orders of Protection (respondent in civil cases).
7. If there is a criminal conviction and the applicant or any household member has been out of jail/prison less than five (5) years.
8. If the criminal offense was of a physical or violent nature against either a person or property.
9. Unfavorable information from any individual applicant may result in denial of all applicants for the household.
10. Juvenile records will be considered if the applicant in under the age of 21 at the time of the report. If the applicant is over the age of 21, Juvenile records will not be considered.
11. False information or lack of information on the written application can result in automatic denial.
12. History of criminal activity on the part of any proposed occupant could negatively impact your application.
13. Any criminal history of a violent or physical nature that may interfere with the peace, enjoyment and well being of the property or community will be denied.
14. Reasonable likelihood based on rental or personal history that the applicant may cause damage to the property or become a nuisance to neighbors or community may result in denial.
1. Any current 3-day notice.
2. Four (4) or more 3-day notices within a 12 month period.
3. Rental history reflecting property damage of more than $500.
4. Two (2) or more NSF checks within a 12 month period.
5. Outstanding debt to property management or landlord.
6. Any collection or judgement filed by a property management company over $100.00 within the past 3 years will result in denial. After 3 years and once the collection/judgement is paid, will result in an additional month’s security deposit.
7. Any unlawful detainer action or eviction within the last 3 years will result in denial.
8. Any false or misleading information can result in denial.
9. Unfavorable information for any individual applicant may result in denial of all applications for the household.
10. Any open bankruptcy will result in a denial if not discharged.
11. An employment reference in which the employer indicates that employment will end and income level will drop below 3 times the rent may result in denial.
12. False information or lack of information on the written application can result in denial.
13. Any undisclosed previous rental addresses.
14. Lack of response from applicant for additional information after the 3rd business day.
Call (206) 842-5851 or (888) 842-5851
Copyright 2003 – 2016 Action Now Property Mgmt. Co.